Everyone is doing their part to contribute to Earth Hour 2010 and Connecticut seems bent to do its part to contribute to the global crisis. For their part, people will be turning off their energy consuming devices while others will use only essential appliances during this time. Additionally, seven percent said their employers plan to participate in the event this year, up from only 1 percent in 2009.
Direct Energy offers some energy efficiency tips to guide consumers to use energy more efficiently:
- Invest in timers and resolve to use them.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Turn it off and unplug it.
- Commit to preventative maintenance.
- Understand your energy pricing plan.