Here is something you can do if you want to be unique this Christmas. While not all people may have extensive use for recycled plastic spoons, if you want to hand out some great gifts and giveaways for kids, here is something you can do that is not available in retail stores.
There are manufacturers out there that make use of little plastic when producing the in-demand disposable needs for special events like parties and gatherings. Here is another way you can use them for, making chocolate covered spoons for kids who are simply suckers for uniquely made chocolate. Here are some tips on how to make them from Examiner.com
1. Buy a package of mini chocolate chips (I used the store brand kind that were on sale.) You could also buy white chocolate.
2. Melt one cup of the mini chocolate chips in the microwave in a glass bowl. Be sure to stir every 30 seconds.
3. Spoon chocolate onto top side of spoon or just dip the whole thing in the bowl.
4. Dip into red, green and white sprinkles or crushed up candy cane bits.
5. Let dry/cool on wax paper. (You can put them into fridge to cool faster if you want.)
6. Tie Christmas themed ribbon onto the center of the spoons.