image via Karina’s Kitchen
Great vegetarian recipe from the animal rights group Compassion Over Killing. I just got it in the mail today and thought you would quite enjoy it.
Let me know what you think? (in the comment area below)
Apple And Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serves 3 to 4
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy margarine
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Slice the acorn squash in half, scrape out the seeds and the strings. Place bo halves face down in a casserole pan filled with 1.2 inch of water. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Put the peeled and sliced apples, dried cranberries, brown sugar, and pine nuts (if using) into a bowl and toss until well mixed.
4. Remove the steamed acorn squash from the oven. Pour out any remaining water in the casserole pan. Turn the halves face up and fill with the apple mixture. Top with the soy margarine and nutmeg. Cover the pan loosely with tin foil and bake until the squash, apples, and cranberries are soft, about 30 minutes.
via Compassion Over Killing