I almost forgot! But Google did remind me that today is Earth Day.
So what? Well, today marks the day we should reconsider all of our lives to recycle more and find more ways to make our world better.
First of all, here’s one idea that popped up to my head because I’ve been actually doing this lately.
You know when you go to 7-Eleven or your local grocers and you buy a small item or two?
Well yesterday I bought some stuff and I swear everytime the store cashiers will give you a plastic bag to put my small stuff in, something I could probably even fit in my pocket. This is pretty simple to do, the next time you buy something small, tell the cashier that you don’t need a bag.
I’ve been repeating this phrase, “That’s okay, I don’t need a bag”, like over and over again in the recent weeks. Most of the time, store cashiers are so happy they don’t have to lift their finger to put my stuff in a small bag. Perhaps that’s a sign that Earth Day was to come and I would blog about it.
So, that’s my tip, it’s simple but we can all save billions of small plastic bags if everyone put their small items in their hand and carry it home. Or better yet if you commute on foot, carry a bag with you at all times.
Top 10 List of Top 10 Lists on making the world green:
- Top 10 Green Cities in America – Hey, San Francisco is #2 in the list, I know that’s one of the reasons why I live here in SF, the air is so green and I’ve never lived in a big city that the air tastes so clean. Perhaps you might consider doing something to make your city top the list or even move to a greener city. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe New York is on the list, perhaps because there are actually less people driving in New York city, that’s my guess.
- Top 10 Ways to Recycle Boxes – I know many of you probably have a ton of boxes laying around, here’s some ways to re-use/re-make them.
- Top 10 Ways to Green Your Laundry – Did you know adding baking soda to your laundry detergent can clean your clothes better with less detergent? And also, there are more eco-friendly detergents nowadays.
- Top 10 Ways to Eat Fish Sustainably – Here’s some great tips on sustaining our world fish count while enjoying your next fish dish.
- Top 10 Eco-friendly and Vegan Shoes – This is the way to go, no more burning rubber, use latex.
- Top 10 Ways to be an Eco-Friendly Cat Owner – I remember my college roommate use to never clean cat litter box and I found out that’s so bad for your health? Well, don’t do that at least.
- Top 10 Ways to Build an Eco-Friendly Restaurant – Perhaps you run a restaurant? Maybe it’s time to make things more green.
- Top 10 Ways to De-Ice Your Driveway – Save this for the winter!
- Top 10 Eco-Friendly and Green Gadgets – This is for the geeks/nerds.
- Top 10 Green Cars of 2011 – Gas prices have skyrockets to over $4 in the U.S. now, it’s time for you to switch to a greener, hybrid/electric car.
Do you have a Top 10 list on how to make our world greener? Post your blog links below.