The web is a massive collection of information and as such one can easily get lost when trying to find something of value in the eco friendly arena. So I have compiled a list of resources that are all the green resources you will ever need.
Agree? Disagree? Tell me below in the comment area.
1. Earth 911 – this site is so much more than a directory of recycling centers. They have a grand collection of smart and engaging content geared towards the new or experienced green living enthusiast. Everything from eating organic meals to alternative energy information and lots more can be found on Earth 911. Give this resource ample space in your bookmarks folder.
2. Tree Hugger – want details on obscure topics like “which beach vacations have a low carbon footprint?” or maybe “which shoe brand passes the highest sustainable standards?” TreeHugger is your best bet on just about any sustainable topic imaginable. My best tip? Perform a search when you get to the site. If they don’t carry a comprehensive article on your intended topic – i’ll buy you lunch.
3. ePA.gov – this government site for environmental matters is no slouch. Here you can stay up to date on the disastrous BP oil spill or read up on the latest earth friendly government initiatives and regulations.
4. Sierra Club – one of the oldest resources on planet friendly issues, The Sierra Club is also probably one of the best resources on how to live a more conscious life. You can subscribe to their updates, read their magazine or spend hours reading some of the material on their info packed website.
5. PETA – you can’t be green and eat meat. It’s been proven time and time again how unbelievably wasteful meat production is to our planet, not too mention our bodies. The people for the ethical treatment of animals has been battling this issue for decades and decades, with small strides along the way. But we are nowhere near where we need to be as a society in this regard. If you want to cut out or lessen your meat intake, this is THE number one resource on the matter.
6. Renest – informative, insightful and bold is how I describe this awesome “green home design” blog. ReNest is the premier resource for ideas, tips and inspiration on eco friendly home design and it comes from the smart guys and gals behind Apartment Therapy.
7. Ecorazzi – let’s face it we all watch celebrities and what they do. We can’t help it, even if we tried. One blogger knew this well and created a site that is all about green and eco friendly celeb news. Wondering what Angelina Jolie does in the sustainable space? They have it covered. Interested in how Tom Cruise gets his home heated and or cooled without the traditional methods, read all about it on Ecorazzi. This is such a clever (and fun) way to get people interested in green living. We love you EC!
That concludes our round up of the top seven green resources you will ever need. Did we miss your fave? Tell us in the comment area.