Electronics these days can easily be hacked into useful eco gadgets that could help save the environment while helping your life. Here’s a round-up of some of the best eco-gadgets DIYs you can make:
1. The Can Crusher is one of those must-have DIY eco-gadgets. Not only does it crush your cans at the push of a button, it keeps everything neat and tidy. Of course, you can also buy a manual can-crusher here but we like the fact this one is specially handmade.
2. Coming at number 2 is the solar powered digital photo frame that uses a solar cell and one of those keychain digital photo frames. If you have those parts laying around your house, why not put them together into efficient energy-use? There are probably plenty of gadgets out there such as keychain photo frames that don’t have to rely on grid power but could be self-sustaining through solar power.
3. This DIY hybrid motorcycle gets 214MPG. The secret? Aerodynamics and its “thinness” allows it to be super mileage-efficient. Not the safest travel method but certainly this is one of the most efficient vehicles you will see in the world.
4. If you want to add some stylish walkaways and illumination to your backyard/garden, consider making yourself a bunch of these great solar bricks, all made using parts you can get from your local hardware store and RadioShack.
5. Last but not least, did you know you can build yourself a Kayak out of recycled bottles? You might not be sailing the whole world in one of these kayaks but you can surely have some fun with it around your local lakes, ponds, or even your pool.