At times where you may not be using your gadgets or computer, have you ever considered turning off the surge protector for the meantime?
By turning off your surge protectors, you eliminate standby power. Standby power, also known as phantom power or vampire power:
- Is the wasted energy that devices consume while turned off, but still plugged into a power outlet; and
- Applies to numerous electronics, such as TVs, computers, gaming consoles, and various other devices, including battery chargers for phones.
The Belkin Conserve Energy-Saving 8-Outlet Surge Protector (BG108000 – $49.99) and its wireless remote control make it simple to cut back on this wasteful standby power, helping you reduce energy consumption, save on energy bills, and lower your overall impact on the environment.
- Conserve’s wireless remote control keeps you from having to reach below desks, behind home theater equipment, or around furniture to easily access inconvenient places where surge protectors usually sit.
- With this handy remote control, you can completely shut off the power to devices that consume standby power, such as TVs or computer monitors, when you are done using them.
- Two “Always On” outlets allow you to leave on devices that typically need to, such as your alarm or DVR.