The iPhone 4G was announced today and as with all Apple products, a frenzy shortly follows.
But is the new iPhone eco friendly? Or is it still stuck in the pre-historic ages when it comes to green technology.
Let’s take a quick look and see what’s under the hood, this time:
- bromine-free patented circuit boards
- a mercury-free LCD display
- arsenic free display glass
- an energy efficient power adapter
- PVC-free design
- included PVC-free headphones and USB cable
- and most of its packaging comes from “post-consumer recycled fiberboard and bio-based materials
The above GREEN specs come from an article on Earth Techling which did the dirty work for us, but as you can see the iPhone 4G has a number of green improvements under it shiny new body. Every little bit helps, when it comes to greening up our highly used mobile devices.
via Earth Techling