SustainableGrocer.com puts out an annual “Grocer Of The Year” award to commend the most GREEN grocer, and guess who won this year?
This year the honor went to Costco, based out of Seattle, Washington. The membership based grocer won based on the following factors:
- Efforts in energy reduction
- Wallet friendly shopping “Making It As Affordable As Possible”
- Substantial Organic Food Offerings
- Recycling programs, consumers and employees
- Private label principles, buying practices, packaging and value
- Geographic presence
- Corporate social responsibility
Have a Costco near you? Pay them a visit and see what all the fuzz is about.