A lovely Keetsa reader, submitted the following tips for a more eco friendly office. Thanxs, Sheree! Feel free to submit your own below in the comments section.
(photo credit – flickr)
10 (More) Green Office Tips:
1. Use a mug for coffee and a tumbler for water.
2. At meetings, present on PowerPoint instead of passing out printed packets.
3. Print on both sides of the paper.
4. Instead of throwing out one-sided, non-confidential printed documents, use them as scratch paper.
5. Use silverware instead of plastic utensils.
6. Recycle empty, clean yogurt cups and use them for paper clips, staples, pens, etc.
7. Don’t use screensavers.
8. Turn off bathroom lights when not in use.
9. We have a mini-library where employees bring in magazines they’ve finished reading at home and we all share them during our lunch break. Old magazines are then recycled.
10. We also recycle empty, clean Lean Cuisine type food trays for our maintenance guy to use when he does paint touch-ups.
With offices accounting for a large part of global warming and emissions, making our workplaces a little greener can’t hurt. Every small step helps and contributes to conservation efforts.