Most people bank locally, as it is the most convenient option. If an issue arises we take a quick jaunt down the block and talk personally to a banker.
But there are a few things you can do to go greener with your local bank.
1. Try e banking a/k/a electronic banking – most transactions nowadays can easily and quickly be handled via the phone or computer.
2. Pay Bills Online – You can set up automatic debits for common monthly bills, such as cell phone, credit cards, cable bill, etc. All is taken care of electronically. No stamps, no checks, no trip to the post office or post box.
3. Sign Up For E-statements – Most banks now offer statements via email. Conserve paper and receive your monthly bank statement via your PC.
4. For Deposits, Walk or Bike To The Bank – Need to make an emergency deposit? Take a nice stroll through your neighborhood and walk instead of drive. Or make an exercise out of it – take the bike.
5. Support Your Local Community – Any time you shop or transact locally, your community benefits from it. Support your city and town. They need it now more than ever.
image via biz journals