Are you a vegetarian and a soon to be guest at various Christmas dinners? If so, below are a few tips from the How Wiki website on how to best handle this social situation.
1. Let your host know ahead of time that you’re a vegetarian, as a courtesy to save the host precious time cooking meals you won’t be eating.
2. Offer to help in the making of the meal
3. Offer to bring a dish or two for the table
4. If asked about your vegetarianism politely keep it simple and short. No need to pull out PETA slides and scare the heck out of everyone.
5. Be gracious and accomodating.
6. Your host may not fully understand what a vegetarian eats, be helpful instead of getting upset.
7. Be sure to thank your host and offer to be a host in the future.
Final tip is to enjoy the event and the thought behind it, as that is what it’s all about anyway.
via Wiki How