Manufacturers know there’s great demand for green and eco friendly products, such as furniture and house decor items.
And as such, many manufacturers have furniture that is made with sustainable fabrics, wood, metal and or recycled components. Some of the most popular at the moment include brands like Metro Sofa and RC Green. Joyce from Green Strides has put together an informal list of green sofa companies and retailers you might be interested in. See the partial list below, for the complete list head on over to Green Strides.
- BKIND3 uses linen & recycled cotton fabrics and some soy-based foam.
- Cisco Brothers uses FSC-certified hardwoods and offers natural upholstery.
- Crate & Barrel has incorporated FSC-certified wood frames, soy and corn-based cushions, into 50+ styles of their upholstered furniture.
- EcoBalanza handcrafts their furniture using FSC-certified woods, natural latex cushions, organic cotton & wool batting, and natural & recycled content fabrics.
- Lee Industries naturalLee line is made with FSC-certified wood frames, soy-based cushions, recycled fiber pillows, natural fabrics and water-based stains (furniture pictured above).
- MetroSofa builds their newly restored, unique furniture utilizing old and antique wood frames.
Whether you seek a futon, a complete living room set or anything else in between – the eco furniture retailers above should be a good starting point for you.
via Green Strides